Leading Parent Partnership Award - LPPA
The LPPA is a recognised award that provides a challenging framework within which schools can strengthen their partnerships with parents and carers.
The LPPA consists of ten evidence-based Objectives which schools must meet to get the award:
1. The school demonstrates a commitment to work towards the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
2. The school makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
3. The school is a welcoming and friendly place for parents.
4. The school promotes an awareness of and participation in lifelong learning opportunities available in school and in the community to all groups of parents.
5. The school holds and actively promotes enrichment opportunities or events for joint parent/child participation.
6. The school provides good induction for all new parents.
7. The school provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them support their children’s learning.
8. The school produces and implements parent friendly policies to establish effective home school-links and improve pupil/student attendance, punctuality, behaviour and progress and positive participation in school.
9. The school provides good support for transition for parents when their children leave the school.
10. The school evaluates performance against the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
So what is the award?
The LPPA is a nationally recognised award achievable by schools who work very closely with the families of their pupils. The assessment is made by an external advisor.
What difference does the award make to the work done with families at Welcombe Hills School?
It makes our work with families even better. It will improve our communication and build more activities for families in school. As you know we are always trying to improve and completing this award will help us do that!
How can families help with the award?
• Read all information that we send out
• Come along to events we organise if you are able
• Complete any questionnaires we send out as honestly as you can
Thank you to all the parents who met with Janice Graham on 22nd September. We are thrilled to tell you we have been awarded the LPPA for another 3 years. We have received the draft report, which is amazing! Judith has to add her comments to the report then we will be sent the official report which we can publish.
Thank you once again for all your support, it really is a lovely report. Nicky
Thank you for all your support during this process.